Frequently Asked Questions

We are offering regular in-class instruction and following the guidelines set out in the district’s COVID-19 Communicable Disease Prevention Plan.

We are currently meeting to determine the capacity and priority of our Summer Learning and Fast Track courses. We will send a Parent Portal message when more information is known and when plans have been properly made. We will also update our website as soon as Summer Learning and Fast Track plans are known.

You need to provide the following:  Photo ID, proof of Canadian citizenship, and proof of BC residency (see our Registration form).

Continuing Education in person and online classes are offered to students aged 16 and older and to adult learners.  Online courses are open to students grade 9 and up.  Many of our students take courses that apply towards graduation or meet a prerequisite requirement for a post-secondary program.  Students may also wish to upgrade a course mark or grade point average (GPA) or, if they have been out of school for a while, refresh their academics.

We have two semesters that are 17 weeks long (September – January and February – June).

We charge a student service fee of $20 for students taking in person classes.  There may also be a $30 workbook fee, a $50 novel deposit or a $75 textbook deposit depending on the in person course.

Our online courses for non-graduated students is free.  For graduated students, some of our online courses have a fee of $650 per course. See the list of tuition free courses that are available for graduated adults. If you don’t see a course, contact our office for more details.  For a list of current courses being offered and costs for graduate adults, see the online adult learning course selection form.

The fee for international students is $985 per course. (this fee will increase to $1100 starting July 1, 2024)

An Academic Advisor is someone with training/experience who can help determine the best program or schedule for your academic needs.  Our advisor can also help with scholarship or bursary information or planning for post-secondary.  Please contact our office to make an appointment with our advisor.

All refunds will be issued via cheque and can take between 6 – 8 weeks.  Please make sure we have your correct mailing address on file.  The student service fee and the workbook fee is non-refundable.

If you return your textbook within 4 weeks of course completion and it is in good condition, you will quality for a full refund.

Self-paced, continuous entry. In most courses you can start at any time, and in many cases, learn at your own pace with the support of an expert online teacher. Students have one calendar year to complete an online course. You must have your own device and access to the internet.

For more information about provincial assessments, please visit the Ministry of Education.

Please see the Ministry of Education website for more information on the Adult Graduation Program or contact us to book an appointment with an academic advisor.

Student transcripts are available through the Ministry of Education’s student transcript service.

During reporting periods, you will receive an email to access your report card through MyClass. If you are not able to access your MyClass account, please contact MyClass for help.